Banana Bread (Best ever!)
Banana bread is my favorite bread in the whole wide world. I love this bread ever since I was a kid. We didn’t have an oven then so my mom would ask our neighbor to bake for us. Now that I’m a mom, I tried baking the best banana bread recipe ever! According to the website recipe developer Ikadlec from food.com, “you’ll never need another banana bread recipe ever again.” And indeed I will never need another banana bread recipe.
But of course I had to tweak the recipe to my liking. This recipe does not have milk so I replaced one of the eggs with half a cup of milk for moisture. I used shortening instead of butter so that the bread will be softer. I added some cinnamon, because cinnamon enhances the sweetness of the bread, it tricks you that it has more sugar that it really has. So for me this is the best banana bread recipe ever, you will really taste the banana in the bread, I intentionally left chunks of bananas so that the bread will have a nice texture. You’ll find the original recipe here.
1 and 1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening
1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
4 Bananas, mashed
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking pan with wax paper, set aside.
2. Mix flour, salt and cinnamon in a bowl, set a side.
2. In another bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
3. Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Then add banana.
5. Add flour mixture, beat until the consistency becomes thick and creamy.
6. Put batter in the pan and bake for 45 mins.
7. After 45 minutes remove from the oven. To find out if the bread is thoroughly cooked, poke the bread with a knife or toothpick. If some of bread sticks to the knife, then it’s not thoroughly baked but if none sticks, the you are sure that it’s ready. I learned that from Ina Garten.
I assure you this is so yummiest and the most moist banana bread. Best thing I have ever tried in a long time!