The last cookie I made has too much sugar on it. I really felt bloated after I ate it and I felt I gained weight. So I made a vow that I will bake healthier cookies. So I made this recipe of cookies with grated carrots in it. It’s a great way to make kids eat vegetable. They wouldn’t know there are carrots in there! My family loved it, especially my little boy Uno. And I was also thinking of my Dad, he needs to eat healthier now. I hope your family will love it too!
3 cups All-purpose Flour
1 and 3/4 cups Brown Sugar, packed
1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
2 tbsp Baking Powder
1 cup Carrots, grated
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie pan with wax paper. Set aside.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon powder. Set aside.
3. In a bowl beat sugar and shortening together.
4. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat until fluffy.
5. Gradually add flour, beat until well mixed. Then fold in grated carrots.
I made another batch that has raisins and oatmeal in them.
6. Drop teaspoonfuls of the batter in the pan.
7. Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.